Walk across London for organ donation awareness
Celebrate Organ Donation Week by joining us on a walk through London to mark the importance of organ donation and honour donors and their families.
Organ recipients, donor families, specialist nurses and clinical staff from hospitals, will come together on Thursday 5 September 2019 to celebrate organ donation, remember loved ones and raise vital awareness for those still waiting.
The Walk will take place between 11:00 and 14:00, with meet-up points organised at the entrances to five London hospitals:
Royal Free Hospital
- Pond St, Hampstead, London NW3 2QG
- Arrive at 11.50 to leave at 12:05 (5-6 miles)
Charing Cross Hospital
- Fulham Palace Rd, Hammersmith, London W6 8RF
- Arrive at 11.15 to leave at 11:30 (6-7 miles)
The Royal London Hospital
- Whitechapel Rd, Whitechapel, London E1 1FR
- Arrive at 11:15 to leave at 11:30 (6-7 miles)
King's College Hospital
- Denmark Hill, Brixton, London SE5 9RS
- Arrive at 12:30 to leave at 12:45 (3-4 miles)
University College Hospital
- 235 Euston Rd, Bloomsbury, London NW1 2BU
- Arrive at 12:55 to leave at 13:10 (3-4 miles)
Collectively, we aim to cover 1,295 miles to represent the 1,295 people in London currently on the transplant waiting list.
The walk will start from five London hospitals (Royal London, Kings, Royal Free, UCLH and Imperial) and cover different routes across the city, before coming together to celebrate at Old Palace Yard Westminster.
Join us on the walk
- Thursday 5 September 2019
- 11:00 – 14:00 BST
There are still places available, but pre-booking is essential.
English organ donation law is changing
How will the change to an opt out organ donation system for England affect you?
Share our materials
Choose from social media graphics, posters, or web and email materials. Help us pass on the message that organ donation law is changing.