The brightest Organ Donation Week yet
As we reflect back on this year's Organ Donation Week, we want to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part.
Whether you lit a building or turned yourself pink, clocked up some miles for Race for Recipients, took part in a webinar, listened to Heart Breakfast or, most important of all, confirmed your organ donation decision; thank you!
The aim of Organ Donation Week is to address the shortage of organ donors by encouraging people to confirm their decision on the NHS Organ Donor Register.
We set ourselves a challenging target, and although we haven’t reached it yet we have made an enormous impact already.
With your help, we...
- Saw over 16,000 people register to become organ donors, and the number is still rising!
- Lit up more than 150 buildings across the UK
- Trebled the number of visits to our website
- Got organ donation talked about in over 1000 articles in the news, on the TV and the radio
- Flooded social media with stories from people who are passionate about organ donation, people who benefited from organ donation as well as incredible stories from people who donated their loved ones’ organs