Join the NHS Organ Donor Register now
Amend your details

Save more lives

Donate blood

96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood. Please don't leave it to someone else. More information.

Donate platelets

Platelet donations are often life-saving. Have you given blood before? You may be able to donate platelets. More information.

The British Bone Marrow Registry Donate tissues

Tissue donation gives many families the option of making a difference to others. More information.

Donate cord blood

In creating a life, why not help to save another. More information.


Donation makes a difference


By donating your organs after you die, you will help save and transform the lives of desperately ill people.

Each donor is precious as only around 5,000 people each year in the UK die in circumstances where they can become a donor. So if you want to make a real difference join the NHS Organ Donor Register and talk about your donation decision with family and friends. Letting them know what you've decided now makes it much easier for them to support your decision to be a donor.

Thank you to the 20,737,747 people who have joined the NHS Organ Donor Register.

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Since 1 April 2014

  • 693 people have donated organs
  •  
  • an additional 1,256 people
    have donated corneas
  •  
  • 1,871 people have received
    the gift of sight
  •  
  • 1,803 people have received transplants
  •  
  • 6,826 people are still waiting for transplants
  •  
Living Donation

Follow our campaign

Organ donation on Facebook
Organ donation on Twitter
Organ donation on YouTube

Teacher's Zone

Give and Let Live, a lively resource for teachers and 14-16 year olds

Black and
South Asian campaign

Find out about our Black and Asian campaigns.